Request an Interview
1) Prepare your application carefully adding all six criteria
2) Choose your accommodation:
3) Email email@example.com with images and/or text
4) Wait for reply, all proposal letters will be acknowledged
5) Interviews will be held on Skype with the panel
Applicants are assessed through reference to six criteria:
- Have an engagement with the wider contemporary context of their practice
- Have a clear vision for the development of their work
- Show how work space at Event Horizon will benefit their practice
- Show willingness for active input and support Event Horizon hospitality
- Be prepared to offer a virtual open-studio event, give a virtual talk or share your work on social media during the residency
- Be generous, Event Horizon Crete is a free space offered to anyone who can complete the criteria. It is not a commercial idea and donations are welcome toward the continued growth of the residency space.
Note: Event Horizon residency is for particularly for self-sufficient, serious-minded individuals who are deeply committed to their practice, people who can respect the privilege of time and space. Applicants are not invited to come to Event Horizon for a holiday!
Event Horizon is a private retreat and residents do not usually overlap for significant amounts of time, if indeed at all, in which case residents usually work alone or with their partners.
We are all witness to the devastation of the environment by rich and poor human activity. Applicants with the fragile planet ideology are especially welcome at Event Horizon.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
EVENT HORIZON 2018
What is Event Horizon?
Event Horizon is a creative studio space and is available following an application which is evaluated by the Event Horizon selection panel. The studio space is called “an artist in residency program” but it is non-residential in domestic terms.
Timescale is negotiable
Access can be for a day or up to three months to be agreed with the panel.
What are the payment terms?
Event Horizon studio facility is free of charge and is offered to anyone who can complete the criteria. It is not a commercial idea and donations are welcome toward the continued growth of the studio space. Rented accommodation is available in the local town and village.
What happens if the visitor wants to end the arrangement?
Please inform Event Horizon as soon as possible if there is a change of plan so that other people can be invited to take your place. Accommodation will be fully refunded if at least 30 days advance notice is given.
Which law shall govern the contract?
“The law of human decency”.
What are the scenarios of what could possibly go wrong?
Smoking cigarettes is a huge fire hazard and all cigarettes must be extinguished in the water bottles provided.
What are the rules?
It is forbidden to pick the wild flowers or harm any of the wildlife.
All domestic pets must be kept on a lead.
There is a prohibition on using hazardous materials.
There is a prohibition on using all illegal substances.
Always close the gate properly.
These terms and conditions claim that Event Horizon is not responsible for the translation into other languages or the misinterpretation of content.
I have studied this document and I agree to sign it when I arrive at Event Horizon.