OPEN CALL 2024 Rolling Admissions, No Deadline
2) Choose rented accommodation or apply for a bursary:
3) Indicate your provisional dates
4) Send proposal via email to email@example.com All proposals will be acknowledged.
5) Successful proposals will lead to a video interview.
Event Horizon Selection Panel
Event Horizon selection panel is made up of director Julienne Dolhin Wilding, artists Nick Turvey and Manolis Tsichlis, and external advisors Jane Barret, Lucy Byatt and Andonis Gialelakis.
Applicants are assessed through reference to six criteria:
- Have an engagement with the wider contemporary context of their practice, have a vision for the development of their work.
- Be prepared to retreat! Event Horizon is a private wilderness and residents do not usually overlap for significant amounts of time, if indeed at all. Residents usually work alone or with their partners and/or assistants.
- Show how work space at Event Horizon Residency will benefit their practice.
- Show willingness for interaction with the Greek community.
- Be prepared to share work on social media during and after the residency.
- Be generous! Event Horizon studio facilities are free of charge and are offered to anyone who can complete the criteria. The residency is heavily subsidized by Julienne and donations are welcome toward the continued maintenance of the studio space.
Note 1: Applicants who are enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs are ineligible for a residency and therefore cannot apply. Doctoral candidates who have finished all coursework may apply.
Note 2: Event Horizon residency is for particularly for self-sufficient, serious-minded individuals who are deeply committed to their practice, people who can respect the privilege of time and space. Applicants are not invited to come to Event Horizon for a holiday!
We are all witness to the devastation of the environment by rich and poor human activity. Applicants with the fragile planet ideology are especially welcome at Event Horizon.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
EVENT HORIZON 2024-25What is Event Horizon?
Event Horizon is a creative studio space, office and amphitheater situated on olive tree land 2 km from Fourni Village. The facilities are available following an application which is evaluated by the selection panel. Event Horizon is called an “artist in residency” but it is non-residential in domestic terms. Rented accommodation is available in the local town and village. Applications are evaluated by the Event Horizon selection panel made up of the director Julienne Dolphin Wilding, an external adviser artist Nick Turvey, and assistant Jane Barrett.
Timescale is negotiable
Access to the studios and amphitheatre can be for a day or several days. Recommended time for a residency is between two weeks and three months to be agreed with the panel.
What are the payment terms?
Be generous! Event Horizon studio facilities are free of charge and are offered to anyone who can complete the criteria. The residency is heavily subsidized by Julienne and donations are welcome toward the continued maintenance of the studio space.
What happens if the visitor wants to end the arrangement?
Accommodation will be fully refunded if at least 30 days advance notice is given. Please inform Event Horizon as soon as possible if there is a change of plan so that other people can be invited to take your place.
Which law shall govern the contract?
The law of human decency.
What are the scenarios of what could possibly go wrong?
Smoking cigarettes is a huge fire hazard and all cigarettes must be extinguished in the water bottles provided. The sheep neighbours want to move in, so always close the gate properly.
What are the rules?
It is forbidden to pick the wild flowers or harm any of the wildlife.
All domestic pets must be kept on a lead to protect the wildlife.
There is a prohibition on using hazardous materials.
There is a prohibition on using all illegal substances.
These terms and conditions claim that Event Horizon is not responsible for the translation into other languages or the misinterpretation of content.
ACCIDENT WAIVER RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I hereby assume all of the risks of participating in activities arising through Event Horizon Residency Program in the event of personal injury or accidents Event Horizon personnel shall not be liable whatsoever for any wrong doing resulting from my own negligence.
I have studied this document and I agree to sign it when I arrive at Event Horizon.