Request an Interview
- Prepare your application carefully adding all six criteria
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with images and/or text
- Wait for reply, all proposal letters will be acknowledged
Interviews will be held on Zoom with the panel
Click here for accommodation information
Applicants are assessed through reference to six criteria:
- Have an engagement with the wider contemporary context of their practice
- Have a clear vision for the development of their work
- Show how work space at Event Horizon will benefit their practice
- Show willingness to provide an active input and support the Event Horizon hospitality
- Be prepared to offer a virtual open-studio event or give a virtual talk to share your work on social media at the final stage of the residency
- Be generous, Event Horizon is a free space offered to anyone who can complete the criteria. It is not a commercial idea and donations are welcome toward the continued growth of the residency space
Note: Event Horizon residency is for particularly for self-sufficient, serious-minded individuals who are deeply committed to their practice, people who can respect the privilege of time and space. Applicants are not invited to come to Event Horizon for a free holiday!
We are all witness to the devastation of the environment by rich and poor human activity. Applicants with the fragile planet ideology are especially welcome at Event Horizon.
Timescale is negotiable
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
EVENT HORIZON 2018
What is Event Horizon?
Event Horizon is a creative space and is available following an application which is evaluated by the Event Horizon selection panel. The space is called “an artist in residency programme” but it is non-residential in domestic terms. Access can be for a day or up to three months to be agreed with the panel.
What are the payment terms?
Event Horizon creative space is free of charge offered to anyone who can complete the criteria. It is not a commercial idea and donations are welcome toward the continued growth of the space.
What happens if the visitor doesn’t donate or contribute?
Their arrangement will be terminated, and they will not be invited back to Event Horizon.
What happens if the visitor wants to end the arrangement?
Please inform Event Horizon as soon as possible if there is a change of plan so that other artists can be invited to take your place. Accommodation will be fully refunded if at least 30 days advance notice is given.
Which law shall govern the contract?
The law of “Good will to all mankind”.
What are the scenarios of what could possibly go wrong?
Smoking cigarettes is a huge fire hazard and all cigarettes must be extinguished in the water bottles provided.
What are the rules?
It is forbidden to pick the wild flowers or harm any of the wildlife.
All domestic pets must be kept on a lead.
There is a prohibition on using hazardous materials.
There is a prohibition on using all illegal substances.
These terms and conditions claim that Event Horizon is not responsible for the translation into other languages or the misinterpretation of content.
I have studied this document and I agree to sign it when I arrive at Event Horizon.